Date night look – Valentine’s Day edition

Who doesn’t love a dramatic makeup look on a school night?

I am not one for wearing tons of makeup, even though I envy the Kardashians who all have a glam squad at a hand’s reach. I guess if your every step is photographed you do need a team of the best in the industry to make you look picture ready at all times. On the other hand, there’s me. No one takes snaps of me running to Tesco in my sweats. I sometimes pretend I’m famous and wear sunglasses when it’s just about to rain to make myself feel fancy.

My everyday makeup is usually one of the two – I didn’t bother or I made an effort and spent 10-15 minutes in front of the mirror while I was drinking tea and panicking because I’m probably late. But every now and then I do love to spend an hour or so in my glam room (at my desk in front of my light up mirror) and really work on my makeup.

Now that the festive season is long gone but not forgotten thanks to all the mince pies, there aren’t any festivities to attend in full glam. Or are there? Yes, it’s February, which yes, is the second worst month of the year. But it brings us Valentine’s day – a good excuse for a weeknight date with bae. And what better excuse to be just a bit extra with my makeup than a special date night?

Don’t have a date? Don’t you worry, you can still have a fab night in while wearing about six kilos of makeup on your face! In Bulgaria, where I come from, we have our own holiday on 14th February. We celebrate vine growers, winemakers and wine in general. So get your bffs, a bottle of your favourite grape juice and celebrate Trifon Zarezan – the day of the wine!

Date Night Valentine's day Makeup, By Terry Preciosity Compact, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette, Lola Powder , Huda Beauty Obsessions, Buxom

Now it’s glam time!

Firstly, a confession. I am probably the last person on earth to get the Huda Beauty wagon. I don’t know how I’ve lived until now. I got the Mauve Obsessions palette recently and OH.MY.GOD. The shadows are all so pigmented, blendable and totally amazing! I’ve never really worn such bold colours but these are just so gorgeous this might be my new favourite palette!

Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Look for Valentine's day

Base

The ‘base’ is my usual – Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer & YSL Touche Eclat stick. I still don’t wear foundation, even when I take my makeup a level up, I just don’t feel the need to clog my pores when my skin tone is even and anything I need to cover I can do with concealer. Plus, I am lazy.

Brows

To fill my brows, I’ve combined Burberry’s Full Brows and Tanya Burr’s Selfie Sculpt (because I love it too much) and to set my temperamental little hairs in place I use my new bestie – Glossier Boy Brow in clear. These three make my battle with my brows a bit easier and I don’t hate them as much as I did before, so that’s a win.

Burberry Full Brows Sepia, Glossier Boy Brow

Eyes

I prime my lids with Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in white to get the colour to really pop and stay on for the whole day.

Moving on to the Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions palette – I used the light taupe colour as my transition shade and created a very soft cut crease with two of the metallic colours. I love how I can create this whole bold eye look with just one palette – from the transition shade (matte taupe) to the crease colour (dark burgundy), glitter (sparkling red) & highlight (matte beige)!

Because no eye look is bold enough without eyeliner, my favourite Supercat by Soap & Glory came in handy.

I tried the Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black for the first time and quite liked it, as it separates and defines the lashes, instead of clumping them together, which is never a good look.

Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions, Soap and Glory Supercat, Buxom Mascara

Lips

As my eyes are quite bold and out there, I decided to keep my lips simple, so I went for the Rimmel London Oh My Gloss in Purr Glossy Cat. I’ve been trying to make myself like lip gloss as much as I did when I was 10, and this guy kind of helps me. I am still not the biggest fan of gloss, especially with the crazy winds recently, but give me some points for trying, will ya?

Contour & Highlight

I’ve been wanting to try the Benefit Hoola Bronzer for like EVER and when I got a sample in a Birchbox I was so excited. And then I kind of kept putting it off because I never felt my look deserved this super hyped-up product. Well, this ended today. I love the soft contour the Hoola bronzer creates and how buildable it is.

On my cheeks, I usually use my EX1 blusher in Jet Set Glow, which I think goes quite well with this look too.

Now, my favourite part – highlighter! I have been loving highlighters in the past few months. Sometimes, even if I am only wearing mascara and lip balm I dab a bit of highlighter on my cheekbones because I love, love, love the glow! For this look, I used the Sleek MakeUP Solstice highlighting palette which is THE BEST!!! and By Terry Preciosity Flash Light Dual Compact for a magical glow.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Lastly, I set everything with a bit of my Lola Universal Pressed Powder and I’m all done.

I wasn’t 100% sure I would like the mauve shades on my skin, but I absolutely love how it turned out. It definitely isn’t a look I’d wear daily, but it does make for a gorgeous special occasion / night out / I’m just feeling a bit extra look.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

So, are you celebrating Valentine’s day or the Day of Wine? Either way, have some fun with your makeup and know you’re loved!

Kristina ❤

34 Comments

1. February 13, 2018 / 6:50 pm

hi great post, i love the photos! im a new blogger I’ve just uploaded my first blog post i would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and give me any feedback on how i can improve!
    my blog : https://beautyblogck.wordpress.com

2. February 13, 2018 / 10:50 pm

Your makeup looks stunning! That eyeshadow palette has the prettiest shades! xx

• Kristina
      Author
      February 13, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Thank you so much! And the shades really are gorgeous! x

3. Laurence
    February 14, 2018 / 1:22 am

ooohh, loved the make up, so pretty. Match the Valentines Day. I just hope I can do this on myself, not really good at doing my own make up. Love the pictures.

4. Cassie S
    February 14, 2018 / 4:23 am

what a beautiful valentines day look! I loved the winged liner and pink shadow. I love incorporated shades of pink in my eyeshadow. You look amazing!

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:14 pm

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:13 pm

Thanks so much Clare xx

5. Rose Mont
    February 14, 2018 / 2:02 pm

Your eyes look great! A nice bottle of wine or a day to celebrate grapes and wine sound good too! I have Rimmel Oh My Gloss (not sure on the shade)!

6. February 14, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Girl love the look and the contours and colors totally suit your skin tone. Furthermore, Its interesting to see how you have not over used the make up and applied just the right amount. The EX1 blusher in Jet Set Glow does total justice to your cheeks.

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:13 pm

Thanks so much Nathan 🙂 I love playing with makeup and have learned that too much is never good 🙂 x

7. February 14, 2018 / 9:05 pm

Haha it is good that we are not photographed because most of the time I am running around with no make up on and messy hair. But I love to dress up and do my make up when I can and I love the pink eyeshadow that you have on!

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:12 pm

you should see the state of my hair right now haha

8. February 15, 2018 / 4:47 am

I love your eye makeup!! It’s a beautiful Valentine’s Day look! I’ve been wanting to try Glossier’s tinted boy brow!

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:10 pm

Thanks Amber! I haven’t tried the tinted one but I loooove the clear version 🙂 x

9. February 15, 2018 / 7:35 am

You look so amazing!!!! I love all of those products so much they’re amazing! I love this

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:09 pm

10. Kristine Nicole Alessandra
    February 15, 2018 / 9:36 pm

You did a great job on your Valentine’s day make up. It looks perfect! I wish I could have that skill too. I guess I better start practicing!

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:09 pm

Thank you Kristine! I definitely wasn’t as good before, but I love it and try to get better 🙂

11. WhatLydDid
    February 17, 2018 / 9:20 pm

I’d never heard of Trifon Zarezan before, thanks for teaching me! I wish my skin looked as good as yours with no foundation!

Lyd – whatlyddid.com

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I love learning new stuff from people’s blogs, I’m glad you found out about the holiday from me 🙂 and thank you x

12. February 19, 2018 / 4:21 pm

Your makeup looks great! I love eye shadows. Especially very pigmented ones. I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day!

• Kristina
      Author
      March 7, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Thank you! I hope you had a lovely Vday as well 🙂

13. March 18, 2018 / 12:21 pm

If you want to become someone else, or hide your true self, you’d choose to wear makeup.

If people looked really good, they’d get life partners and glam squads on the double – all they’d need to do’d be live and look…look good!

If the place is dimly lit and you need your special friend to notice your expressions, then I guess you’d wear makeup!

To treat every feature of your face like it’s a living thing is sometimes rather unnecessary. Just feel fresh and smile by washing your face!

I think the most essential make-up application is a moisteuriser for the lips – that’s what people feel with their lips most often!

14. July 3, 2018 / 7:43 am

Wow! You are absolutely stunning! XO!