Evening Skincare Routine

I am currently enjoying some time off, which means I spend a lot of time at home, but I’m also trying to get back into working out, so I don’t wear much makeup, but I am in heated spaces a lot which dries the skin out. I live in London, and we all know the air here isn’t great for the skin either, so I have to really give it as much moisture as I can.

When I do wear makeup, I think it’s quite important to double cleanse in the evening, so that I can remove all makeup, grime and sweat, and prepare my face for a double shot of moisture.

These are my favourite skincare products to use before I go to sleep so that my face is happy and pretty in the morning…

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Step 1 – Cleanse with an oil-based product

I start by removing my makeup with Lancôme Bi-Facil eye makeup remover. It’s one part oil, one part water, to remove all eye makeup, including stubborn mascara, but really doesn’t feel oily on the skin and doesn’t irritate my eyes, which is quite nice. I have tried other oil-based products before and really didn’t like how they made my eyes water after each use, so this one is a good choice for sensitive eyes. Shake the bottle so the two liquids mix well before applying some on a cotton pad gently taking all the makeup off.

Step 2 – Double Cleanse

Next, I use my Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I talked about in a previous favourites post. It’s quite a thick cream, and the ingredients include cocoa which hydrates the skin and eucalyptus and chamomile which soothe and purify.

The eucalyptus feels so fresh on the face and I feel like I’ve done a good job removing the daily dirt and any makeup leftovers. I apply it on dry skin and use a cloth which I soaked in warm water to remove the cream. I used to use the cloth that came with it, but I forgot it back home in Sofia, so now I’m using a flannel and I think I prefer it, as it’s gentler.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Step 3 – Hydrate

Now that my face is clean, it’s time for some extreme hydration with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.

HA is in all the popular moisturisers right now, including my morning one. Hyaluronic Acid is a super popular ingredient which promises to lock in moisture in your skin, as one gram of it can hold up to six litres of water. It works miracles on the skin, making it look soft and radiant. It’s suggested use is in humid conditions, so it doesn’t draw moisture from the skin itself, but from the air. England is a good place to use it then, huh?

What I like about this one is that it really makes my skin look plump and fresh. It combines three different molecular weights to work at different skin depths. I massage a few drops onto my face and neck before moving on to my moisturiser.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Step 4 – Hydrate even more

I’ve been using the Garnier Moisture Bomb Night Cream for over a year now and I am just about to run out of my current pot, and I haven’t decided yet if I want to switch creams or not. I quite like this one, because it’s lightweight and refreshing. It’s a gel-cream which makes it feel quite nice on the skin, especially after cleansing and boy, does it hydrate.

Step 5– Relax

Now that my face is clean and nourished, it’s time to light some candles and climb into my bed l with a cup of tea and put on something to watch (probably Friends, because it’s on Netflix). I spray my pillow with the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray for ultimate relaxation and a better night sleep.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Kristina ❤

17 Comments

1. January 29, 2018 / 6:32 pm

Thank you for the tips I am currently looking for s I care products so I can start a facial cleansing routine, this was really informative! X

• Kristina
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 11:15 pm

I hope this helps then 🙂 x

2. January 29, 2018 / 8:37 pm

I’ve seen so many positive things about the bi-facil makeup remover but I’ve always been hesitant to spend that much on just a makeup remover when I’d rather invest my money in my serums etc instead! I might have to try it out and see what I’ve been missing x

Sophie

• Kristina
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 11:16 pm

it is pricey, but it is very good, I’ve never had issues with it. It’s worth trying, maybe see if you can get a sample to try it before buying it x

3. January 31, 2018 / 8:07 pm

I think double cleansing really makes a difference! I also use Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser and it’s amazing 😍

4. Vicky
    January 31, 2018 / 10:35 pm

The Lanome eye makeup remover is one of my all time faves! You have some great products in your routine. Thanks for sharing!

5. February 1, 2018 / 4:41 am

Aww, what a lovely regime, I would really need some good cleansers for my evening routine to have a hydrated skin. Shall look out for some help from your posts!

6. February 1, 2018 / 6:45 am

Great routine to follow! I am too careless when it comes to taking care of skin. Hopefully this would motivate me.

7. February 1, 2018 / 10:44 am

Great post.. i had been using oil based clensers befire, but I will try out some oil +water based cleansers next time

8. February 2, 2018 / 8:04 pm

Thank you so much for these amazing tips, this is exactly what I was looking for. My night skin care routine is not working, I will surely try this out.

9. February 4, 2018 / 5:15 pm

I love reading your skincare regime. I too believe in removing all traces of makeup before going to bed no matter how tired I am. I don’t use any of the products you have listed but I would love to try out the deep sleep pillow spray 🙂

10. sem83189
    February 20, 2018 / 1:24 am

I have been wanting to try something from The Ordinary and my skin is so dry. I might have to try that HA product!

Sarah💜
    thepolishedpalette.com

11. March 18, 2018 / 12:31 pm

If people wear makeup during the day and apply cosmetics during the night, then when are they going to experience the normal, natural feel of their skin?*

In the evenings, if it’s been hot outside, I would choose to take a bath and cleanse my body – that way I sleep fresh and awaken fresh – cool to do, refreshing to feel it!

* I think this is what makeup and cosmetic companies capitalize on – to get back to the norm, you have to try out our newest product – it’s natural, but not as natural as water – you’ll like it! Colorful substances, colorful containers, attractive packaging – it’s truly desirable, but does no more than make your skin feel like it’s normal!

However, as makeup becomes more and more long-lasting, one would require some forms of cleaning agents, besides soap, to clean and clear the skin so it can recover to it’s normal self. Then, they’ve got another product in the market – make-up removers. We, now, need replenishers.

12. May 7, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I love liz earle! deep sleep pillow spray sounds great.I will give it a go